Dear Friend of Creation Spirituality,
This has been an extraordinarily challenging year for all of us who love this beautiful, diverse, and interdependent Creation. It is impossible to be human and not to feel heartbreak and outrage at the destruction and poisoning of the land and seas…the global extinction of species…the trampling of the most basic human rights at home and abroad…and the corruption in the institutions that claim to represent God to the people.
And to be human is to feel called to give time, energy, and money to the struggle for a healthy, just, and sustainable world in the face of these evils.
So how can we ask you to dip into your pockets yet again, to contribute to the work of Matthew Fox and the Friends of Creation Spirituality?
The reason: Creation Spirituality changes the awareness that drives private actions…and ultimately, public policies.
In any day’s headlines, you see over and over how human beings, animals, ecosystems – and the planet – are being treated as commodities, things to be exploited till they’re completely depleted, then dumped. You see over and over that religion institutions are steadily becoming more fundamentalist … even fascist. Everywhere you look, the values of connection and compassion are being tossed overboard.
Where does hope lie?
- In the birth of authentic spirituality…authentic connection to the Divine, the Cosmic Christ in all things and all people…
- In the empowering realization that each of us is a mystic, a creator, a prophet capable of creating positive change in our culture and our world…
- And in the knowledge that out of the depths of this dark night of the soul…and the culture…can arise strength, wisdom and compassion we didn’t know we were capable of achieving.
These messages are part and parcel of the 40-year lifework of Matthew Fox and the Friends of Creation Spirituality.
And today we are witnessing the blossoming of Creation Spirituality teachings in a new generation of leaders:
- Nicole Porcaro, teaching the Cosmic Mass in online courses through the CS educational hub, CSource
- YELLAWE starting its radical program of wisdom education for youth again in two different inner city schools in Oakland
- Theodore Richards, formerly YELLAWE director in Oakland, leading the Chicago Wisdom Project, based on the principles of The A.W.E. Project
- The Creation Spirituality Communities network encouraging the birth of new CS circles and celebrations around the world
- The work of our master’s and doctoral graduates continuing to flourish in the world
And the work of Creation Spirituality continues to blossom at deeper levels…
Do you remember when you first encountered the concept of Original Blessing, or the Cosmic Christ? Do you recall how you felt when you realized in your bones that the Divine was feminine as well as masculine? Those are just a few of the radical concepts in Matthew Fox’s 30+ books – some of those books now marking a quarter century in print – and these teachings continue to change and heal lives today…
…while the Vatican still tries unsuccessfully to quash them. Some things never change.
And meanwhile, Matthew Fox continues to drive the visionary edge of mystical-prophetic spiritual awareness forward:
- Reframing the canonization of Hildegard of Bingen in the context of her actual work and teachings…as a Trojan Horse at the doors of the Vatican!…
- Unveiling the archetypes of the Cosmic Christ for this century, in partnership with Bishop Andrus of Grace Cathedral…
- Documenting the pioneering spirituality of the Occupy generation in partnership with Adam Bucko of The Reciprocity Project ….
This is the work that continues to change the culture…to awaken the spiritually asleep…and to open the doors to acceptance of our planetary home as sacred.
If you believe that spiritual change is as critically needed in our world as social and environmental change, we invite you to contribute to the work of Matthew Fox and Friends of Creation Spirituality. Whether by supporting YELLAWE-inner city education and The Cosmic Mass; or sustaining the work of FCS; your tax-deductible donation will make a crucial difference…and will support only the work of Creation Spirituality in the world.
To express our appreciation for your generosity, we would like to offer you some very special gifts (of course, you may choose to decline the gifts, thus increasing the percentage of your donation going to the cause).
In gratitude for your donation of $35 or more, we offer you a DVD recording of one of Matthew Fox’s recent talks:
- “The Future of Religion, The Future of Christianity: Notes for and from the Occupy Generation” (given at the Call to Action conference, November 2012), or
- “Our Emergence into Christ Consciousness: An Imperative for our Time” (given at the Findhorn Foundation, April 2012)
In gratitude for your donation of $75 or more, we offer you your choice of either of the DVDs listed above, plus one of Matthew Fox’s two latest books:
- The Pope’s War, or
- Hildegard of Bingen: A Saint for Our Times
Finally, to thank our most generous contributors, we offer you two most unusual gifts:
Replicas of the scroll of the 95 THESES: Articles of Faith for a Christianity for the Third Millennium that was used in the historic protests launching the New Reformation at Wittenberg and Rome.
Ever since Matthew Fox hammered the Theses at the door of the Castle Church in 2006, we have received requests for copies of the scroll. And now, we can offer a very limited number of replicas, meticulously silkscreened on heavyweight cotton canvas, suitable for hanging in your home, office, church hall or retreat center!
- In gratitude for your donation of $150 or more, we offer you a small-format (12X32”) black & white scroll of the 95 Theses.
- In gratitude for your donation of $300 or more, we offer you a full-size (16X42”) color scroll – a precise replica of the one used in the protests.
We are thrilled to offer these very unusual gifts as a sign of our appreciation to our most generous contributors, as an invitation to exercise your prophetic voice for a New Reformation in the 21st Century!
In these days of grief, anger, addiction, and couchpotatoitis, men and women – and our society as a whole – are deeply hungering to reconnect with our roots in the sacred Earth and the indwelling Spirit. Deeply in need of awakening to our birthright and calling as mystics, as creators, and as prophets.
And the practices of Creation Spirituality can provide this healing.
Whether you choose to give as an investment in hope…as a vote of confidence in the next generation…as an honoring of your own healing journey…or as a much-needed, deeply appreciated pledge of support for Matthew Fox’s ongoing work of teaching and writing…we ask you, please give, in any amount you can afford.
You can click here to make a credit card donation or mail your check to:
Friends of Creation Spirituality
PO BOX 422964
San Francisco, CA 94142
FCS is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit; your contributions are tax deductible.
Once again, we thank you profoundly for your passion for this work and for your continued support, and wish you all blessings in your life and in the coming year!
The Staff and Volunteers of Friends of Creation Spirituality