Something Fresh and New is Coming in 2017:
Higher Education that Enlivens your Mind, Body and Spirit,
and Nourishes your Work in the World
Matthew Fox's history as a pioneering educator is long and luminous: from his visionary programs at Mundelein College and Holy Names College, to his renowned degree curricula at the University of Creation Spirituality, to his innovative work in the California public school systems, he has framed and reframed a radical pedagogy based on ancient wisdom traditions melded with leading-edge science and spirituality.
And now, he is collaborating with Susan Coppage Evans, D.Min, and a Board of Creation Spirituality leaders to establish a brand-new Institute, slated to open in 2017.
The Fox Institute for Creation Spirituality (FICS) is a nonprofit educational organization approved by the Colorado Department of Higher Education to operate as a religious school/seminary offering certificates, master’s degrees and doctoral degrees. On-site classes will begin at the Boulder, CO facility for local, national and international students in May 2017, and in 2018, FICS will offer classes online.
FICS presents a deep and broad range of classes, programs and degrees melding interfaith wisdom, cosmology and creativity to a community of engaged learners by internationally known teachers, as well as emerging new voices in science, social activism and spiritual leadership. Visionary direction, policy, and programs are determined by a distinguished board of Creation Spirituality scholar/ministers including Susan Coppage Evans, Marvin Anderson, Ph.D.; J. Melvin Bricker, D.Min; Rev. Ann Dean; and Theodore Richards, D.Min.
FICS offers an academic vision for our time:
- To provide transformative graduate and continuing education guided by the principles of Creation Spirituality and grounded in the wisdom traditions of faith and science;
- To offer an innovative, holistic pedagogy that engages mind, body and spirit—unleashing human capacity for creativity, joy, justice and compassion;
- To promote the education of spiritual practices and principles that support interconnectedness, ecological awareness and sustainable living;
- To prepare and propel individuals to be joyful spiritual leaders in their respective communities and professions, and to be activists for peace and healing for our planet and all of life;
- To support the purposes and missions of Creation Spirituality Communities and the Matthew Fox Legacy Project.
Interested in Learning More?
There is no better time for the Fox Institute for Creation Spirituality to emerge with its programs of sacred activism, environmental justice and spiritual grounding. Our culture is ripe for education that awakens compassion, and challenges sleepy conventions. Humanity needs a community of diverse students and teachers who can imagine a sustainable future for ALL of life, and then work together toward that future.
To receive more information about the Institute as it becomes available, please complete the form below.